Van Meter Inc. return policy
Van Meter Inc. must issue authorization in writing prior to return. Material purchased more than one year prior cannot be returned. Original order number, purchase date and specific reason for return must be provided. Material must be unused, in original packaging (if applicable) and in saleable condition.
Restocking charge will apply per the following schedule:
- Material returned within 90 days will have no restock fee.
- Material returned within 91 to 180 days 15% restock fee.
- Material returned more than 180 days after purchase must be reviewed; please contact Van Meter.
- In accordance with Rockwell Automation Material Return Policy DM-128, any electronic device where the product seal has been broken, or any other device that Rockwell Automation deems necessary to retest, will be assessed a $100 per unit retest charge. Product with a net value of $100 or less will not be retested and will be returned to the customer.
- If the following products fail within 24 hours of power being applied, a case number will be required for credit, which can be obtained by calling the Rockwell Automation New Product Satisfaction Return hotline at 1-440-646-3223. 20A, 20B, 20C, 20D, 21A, 21B, 21V, 22A, 22B, 22C, 150, 152, 153, 154, 160, 28x, 440L, 442L, 845, 846, 1305, 1326, 1336, 1365, 1394, 1395, 1397, 1492-PRTKIT, 17XX, 2090, 2094, 2098, 2711, 2711P, 61XX, 8720, MP, F, H, N, Y. (Note: “X” replaces a numeric character.)
Non-Stock and Special Orders Material
- All non-stock returns must have previous authorization from the factory. The amount of restocking charges will be determined from the factory upon acceptance. Credit for non-stock items will be issued immediately after Van Meter has received approval to ship product to the factory. A handling and restocking charge, plus all freight costs will apply (minimum 10%).
- The following items are non-returnable:
- Non-stock items after 60 days from delivery date
- Made-to-order material
- Wire cuts
Warranty and Defective Material
- Customer or salesperson must advise Van Meter of the nature of defect.
- Credit will be issued based on the terms and warranty of the manufacturer. Some products are “Repair Only” and/or “Exchange Only” under warranty and may not be returned for credit.
Van Meter Errors
Van Meter must be made aware of any material that has been shipped in error within 90 days of its receipt. Returns of this nature identified in excess of 90 days from receipt are contingent upon the approval of a Van Meter Returns Specialist.
Any and all material that is returned without prior written authorization will be held and your Van Meter Account Manager contacted for disposition. Product that has been modified or altered in any way and products for which no record of purchase can be provided are subject to be returned to the customer at their expense.